Course A - WRAP (A Writing Approach to Reading)
The Introductory Course in WRAP provides a training course in preparing for Integrated, Systematic Literacy Instruction including focus for literacy learning support, Phonemic Awareness and Phonics. The training course provides the knowledge and skills needed to effectively assist students who are attending a learning centre or school where Integrated, Systematic Literacy Instruction is a focus.
Vocational outcomes include literacy tutor, teacher or teachers aides, specialist educational support (speech and language, SLD, ESL), and community literacy leaders.
The course also benefits parents supporting their children’s literacy learning.
Upcoming WorkshopsThere are currently no openings available for this course.
By completing this enrollment I declare that I have read and agree to the conditions outlined in the course handbook.
- The minimum level of education required is a literacy level equivalent to satisfactory completion of Year 9 schooling.
- Relevant Vocational Practice in classrooms or tutorial settings using Literacy Training Programs.
- Develop basic phonemic awareness instruction
- Construct resources for spelling vocabulary instruction
- Model practices for phonics instruction
- Develop a positive relationship for learning
- Develop literacy learning practices
Face-to-face training typically consists of 3 days: 9:00 am– 4:00 pm. All course times are negotiable and will be dependent on the training option selected.
The costs set listed here are for THRSC delivering courses at Castle Hill House. Third Party providers set their own fee levels. Please note course costs are payable in advance.
Cost for WRAP Course A – $450.00